Please see links below to additional data science training resources both internal and external to Kings College London.
For KCL affiliated staff and students
- The Health Science Doctoral Training centre (HSDTC) offers training and support for those completing research degrees in the Health Faculties of KCL. They offer a range of skill development training including Bioinformatics and Statistics.
- KCL affiliated staff and students have access to on demand training from multiple providers including SAGE campus, Nature masterclasses, LinkedIn Learning and more. There is a range of data science training within these platforms.
- For research staff at KCL the Centre for Research Staff Development (CRSD) offers training in statistics and data management.
For members of Kings Health Partners
- Guy’s and St Thomas’s Biomedical Research Centre Research Methods training which includes quantitative research methods including Statistics, Big data training and coding languages
- The NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre Prediction Modelling Group hosts monthly online seminars in both prediction modelling and machine learning.
Training opportunities external to KCL, available to all.
- Health Services Modelling Associate (HSMA) programme run by the South West Peninsula ARC and funded by the NIHR aims to build a culture and skills base through which simulation and modelling techniques are routinely used to support decisions within health and social care organisations.
- NHS-R community is a University of Bradford led initiative that support the learning, application, and exploitation of R in the NHS, offering event, tips and solutions to support you on your journey in R.
- HDRUK Futures offers a virtual learning platforms with free training modules to advance your skills in data science. The Health Data Research Innovation Gateway lists tool, courses, data sets and more to support researchers and scientists around the world.
- AphA is the association of professional healthcare analysts, providing support, development, and a community of healthcare analysts across the UK.
- The faculty of Clinical informatics is the multi-disciplinary professional body for all health and social care qualified individuals working as informaticians across the UK, offering a range of resources including education and training for clinical informatics.
- ELIXIR is a European wide organisation that brings together life sciences data from across various academic and industry partners. They offer training through the ELIXIR UK node crosses the whole European network including within the Carpentries, data stewardship and genomics.
- Research Software London (RS London) is a regional research software community for researchers, developers and academics based at institutions in London and the South East of the UK who are involved in writing code as part of their research.
- Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE) organises a number of training events in High Powered Computing that can be accessed by all.
- The Nucleus is the home of training, Science and Networking from the International Society For Computational Biology for its members.